Monday, June 2, 2008

beware of plastic wrap..

Mom hasn't been able to walk really well lately. somethings wrong with her hip or lower back again, so, I've been taking over when it comes to the daily "house chores". I have no problem with cleaning, dusting, sweeping, laundry, folding, ironing...etc all those little domestic Susie homemaker thingys. But anyone and everyone that knows me, knows I don't cook. not often enough to know what the heck I'm doing in a kitchen *safely* anyway.(unless its a fried egg sandwich on a bagel.) so... there I was making dinner...some kinda pasta,tomato, ham and cheese dish thing... I had some stuff in the microwave with plastic wrap over it, to prevent splattering,and of course, my attention was diverted by the bread in the toaster when I reached into the microwave to remove the plastic wrap...BAD IDEA. see, apparently steam accumulates under that handy barrier, and becomes a billowing ,burning,rush of pain when you lift it from the dish. my left fingers are not very happy with me right now. I mean, I just started to get feeling back in them and I try to burn them off! but, dad is being a sweetheart and doing the dishes tonight, and apparently the dinner was edible, so everything is o.k. in the end. but mental note to self...from now on, DON"T DO THAT AGAIN. (the burning plastic wrap thingy) I need a cookie with sprinkles... ;)

1 comment:

Persnickety Ticker said...

Aww...gots your cookie right here, darlin'. You just have to come over and learn how to bake it first...teeheehee.